Sunday, September 21, 2008

5 years!

Hey everyone! Yesterday was Jason and my 5th wedding anniversary. I can't believe it's been 5 years already. We were married on Sept 20, 2003 in the Salt Lake LDS temple. It was a beautiful ceremony and we had many friends and family there with us. We then had a reception at my parent's house in Payson. It was in their backyard. Our colors were red, silver, and white. Jason helped choose those colors, as they reminded him of Hong Kong, China, where we met. We started our 2 1/2 week honeymoon in Park City at a condo that my bff Haley's dad owned. We were there for 4 or 5 days, then we drove to Arizona, where we had an open house the following Saturday. The open house was at Jason's parents house, and they had it decorated beautifully. They also played on the Chinese theme, and had lanterns and fans hung up outside, along with candles floating in their pool. It was very nice. Then we drove to California where we spent about a week. We went to Disneyland, and it was a blast. We had 5 day passes there, then we went to Knotts Berry for a day. We then drove to Las Vegas, where we finished up our honeymoon. We were there for a few days, and headed back to our first apartment, which was in Murray Utah.
We enjoyed our anniversary yesterday. A lot has happened in 5 years. We built our house in Payson. We've been lucky to have been able to travel to quite a few places together. Most importantly, we were blessed with our son almost 2 years ago. Cameron spent the day with us yesterday and we wouldn't have wanted it any other way.
My friend Jenn also had her 5 year anniversary this year, and she put pictures of her wedding on her blog. I thought it was a great idea, and I am following her example. Below are pictures of the big day, both at the temple and the reception afterward. We have been very blessed in our lives together, and I love Jason more and more every day.
Pictures of us at the Salt Lake LDS temple. It was a beautiful day.

This is the group of friends and family that were with us at the temple.

My grandparents at the temple with us. On the left is my Grandma Moore and on the right is Grandma and Grandpa Baker.

Our friends that came to the temple.

Our wedding "line" at the reception, even though we didn't really make anyone stand in line with us except our parents.
Our parents. Jason's parents, Jerry and Cathy on the left, and my parents, Bonnie and Dan on the right.

Jason's family at the reception. His parents are standing with us. Kneeling down are his older brother Jeremy and his younger sister Suzie.

My family at the reception. Top row: sister Hailey, us, my parents, brother Austin. Kneeling are my brother-in-laws Justin, holding his son Trevor, and Ien. Sitting are my nephew Jaydan, sisters Krista, Sami, and Miranda, holding her daughter Maesyn.


Our wedding cake. It was all real cake, and we forgot to cut it and serve it during the reception, so we had a lot of cake left over!!

3 comments:

Erica said...

Congrats on five years together! It will be Doug and mine five year anniversary in December. So much has happened in that time.

Jenn said...

Yay! Happy anniversary! It was so fun to see these pictures. Thanks for posting. :)

The Cole's said...

Happy Anniversary! I can't believe its been 5 years! Eric and I are celebrating our 5th anneversary in October. Crazy how time flies! Any way, I talked to Jason this morning... I want to order some scentsy bars- can I just add my order to your party? Let me know!