Monday, October 6, 2008

Good Books

I thought I would share with you the new book series that I am reading. It's by Scott Westerfeld. The first book is called Uglies. It is about a futuristic place where people are raised to believe they are ugly until they turn 16, at which time they have surgery to become "pretty." The surgery is a total overhaul, making your face symmetrical, your eyes bigger, cheek and chin implants, the works. The series is about a girl named Tally that tries to escape the city to find her friend that lives in a "rebel camp" where people stay ugly. It is a really good book. I have finished it, and I am reading the second book in the series called Pretties. There are a couple more books in the series, Specials and Extras along with a reference book. I recommend them to anyone who likes reading. I read someone's review that said it's "a sci-fi book for people who don't like sci-fi." I couldn't agree more!

2 comments:

Hailey said...

I'm glad you like them!

Douglas Lai said...

I think Doug has those. I will have to read them.
Erica